On any given day, 2.5 billion people around the world use Unilever products from our range of more than 400 hundred brands to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us
a unique opportunity to build a brighter future.
Unilever South Africa (Pty Ltd) is over 100 years old and is one of the largest FMCG companies in South Africa. Eight out of every ten households in South Africa contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands include Sunlight, Vaseline, Knorr, Omo, Magnum, Dove & Domestos. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in South African homes include Dawn, Aromat, Knorrox and Joko.
Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in fulfilling our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental footprint, while increasing our positive social impact. Our Plan has three big goals to achieve, which will be achieved through our brands with purpose:
1. Improve Health and well-being for more than 1 billion: Lifebuoy Handwashing Day, Domestos Toilet Cleaning Program, Knorrox Kitchen Queens etc.
2. Reduce environmental impact by half: Sustainable Sourcing, plastic reduction & Green factories.
3. Enhancing Livelihoods for millions: Inclusive Business growth & Youth Employability.
With purpose at the heart of what we do, our value proposition offered to our 3000 strong employee bases is:
• A Better Business, through Unleashing our pioneering spirit to win.
• A Better World, entrenched in our sustainability agenda, &
• A Better You, through Purpose led development & a strong bias to inclusivity.
This is brought to life at all our locations countrywide, whether it be at our head office in La
Lucia, Durban; at our Sandton based Africa hub; or one of our six manufacturing locations in
Gauteng or KZN.